Saturday, 1 February 2014

Saturday Club Work Experience

Its the start of the second semester and I'm already getting stuck into some very interesting work experience!! I put my name down for this at some point in the beginning of december and it completely slipped my mind until i got an email reminding me about it a few weeks ago!! 

"The National Art&Design Saturday Club gives young people aged 14–16 the unique opportunity to study art and design every Saturday morning at their local art and design college or university for free."

This is something that takes places at many colleges up and down the country and at my college it is running for 15 weeks and gives young people such a brilliant opportunity to get involved in something new and exciting. I really wish something like this had been available when i was younger but its still great to be part of it as a student ambassador. 

To read more about the saturday club you can view the website by clicking HERE

We are now 3 weeks into classes and i am really enjoying it, the young people attending are so very talented and its great to see them just having fun with it all and seeing them produce some great pieces of work. 

I have contributed different ideas for things that we can do every week along with other students from my class, it is great to have a creative input into what is actually going on and its something i really look forward to all week long!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment