Saturday, 1 February 2014

Special Effects Prosthetics Assessment.

Here are the images of my final look created for my special effects assessment using my prosthetic piece. I have had such fun working with the talented Martin Hanson from Madame Tussaud's and i feel like i have learnt so many valuable skills that will help me in my future career as a make up artist. It has helped me too explore a new area of the industry i never would've done if i hadn't started this course and i am incredibly pleased with the final images. 
To complete the look i used s cheap grey witch wig i picked up around halloween and wore my own really big grey hooded cardigan.



The major down side to this was that i really struggles to get the prosthetic nose to stick to my own nose, even when using pros aid it would not stay stuck down and f i did not have the eyebrow section on my prosthetic piece it wouldn't of stuck at all making it very unpractical for anything other than photography. If i were to re do this piece i would make the nose a lot smaller to avoid this happening again.
I received very positive feedback and martin was pleased with how well i had managed to conceal the edges of my piece with the greasepaints as this was a big concern for me but thankfully it all turned out okay in the end :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment