Tuesday, 8 April 2014

hand sculpt

To accompany my wolf like ears sculpted onto my ear cast i thought i would also experiment with a sculpt on my hand cast. I want my creature to have long claw like hands so i sculpted this onto my hand cast using plasteline. 
Once i had finished sculpting the finger on my hand i started to apply layers of latex using a brush building up the layers until i had around 5-6 and left it to set before removing it.

Although i do like the way this piece looks as the finger is hollow inside it would need to be padded inside which could cause it to loose its shape. Also as i sculpted the piece to go down the finger and onto the back of the hand, once it is applied to the models hand it would slightly restrict movement of the fingers, especially if the model had one on every finger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment